6th Kyu Requirements (Green Belt)
Student is expected to show good form, hip action, kime and power.
- San bon zuki (Triple punch - jodan/chudan/chudan)
- Age uke + Gyaku zuki (Rising block + Reverse punch)
- Soto ude uke + Gyaku zuki (Outside inward forearm block + Reverse punch)
- Uchi ude uke + Gayku zuki (Inside outward forearm block + Reverse punch)
- Gedan barai + Gyaku zuki (Downward block + Reverse punch)
- Shuto Uke + Nukite (Swordhand or knifehand block + Spear hand)
- Mae geri (Front kick)
- Yoko geri keage (Side snap kick) - Performed in kiba dachi stance moving sideways for 3 to 5 steps.
- Yoko geri kekomi (Side thrust kick) - Performed in kiba dachi stance moving sideways for 3 to 5 steps.
Techniques 1 to 7 are performed moving forwards or backwards at examiner's discretion
The student is required to perform Heian Shodan, Nidan and Sandan (Kata number 3).
Ki-hon ippon kumite (Basic single blow sparring). Predetermined formal attack and defence in forward stance.
- Jo-dan oi zuki attack - Lunge punch to face
- Chu-dan oi zuki attack - Lunge punch to stomach
- Chu-dan mae geri attack - Font kick to stomach
Each attack is performed twice - once on right and once on left. Defender must effectively block and counter each attack. Attention should be paid to correct distancing.
Karate-ka are required to demonstrate the following:
- Side body control
- Shoulder throw
- Escape from wrist holds
- Cross body control
- Bag work: Gayku zuki and Mae geri
- 25 Push ups
- 60 Sit ups